Sensics, Inc., announced the zSight™, a lightweight and innovative all-in-one product. The zSight combines the latest in SXGA OLED displays with built-in head tracker, stereo sound and microphone to deliver a high performance HMD for instant use.
Key innovations include:
- The use of the newest SXGA 1280x1024 OLED displays, providing superior brightness, contrast and colors, while allowing substantially lower weight than HMDs using older LCOS technology.
- A built-in tracker with three degrees of freedom (yaw, pitch, roll) combined with a high-fidelity stereo audio microphone provides an easy to use, an all-in-one package.
- Two user-configurable viewing modes: 60 degree diagonal field of view with 100% binocular overlap or 70 degrees with 75% binocular overlap.
- Automatic detection and configuration of incoming resolution (SXGA 1280x1024, HD720P 1280x720, WSXGA+ 1680x1050), mono or stereo viewing modes and audio source (HDMI or audio in).
- A unique panoramic movie mode that accepts 1680x1050 widescreen video and splits it across both eyes for an enhanced experience.
- Compatibility with the Sensics high-definition low-latency wireless video link and battery packs allowing HMD operation without physical connection to a PC.
- HDMI video input that minimizes size while providing integrated audio option.
- Elimination of bulky external control boxes in favor of a small and lightweight cable breakout box. Measuring just 4x2x1 inch (10x5x3 cm)
“We identified a market need for a professional grade, high-performance HMD that is simple to buy, simple to integrate and simple to use”, says Yuval Boger, CEO of Sensics. “The zSight answers these market needs with innovative features at a compelling price”.