The OS3DM is a board level, fully embedded absolute subminiature orientation sensor that combines sensor technologies of magnetometers, gyroscopes, and accelerometers to measure absolute orientation of any object. Its internal microcontroller processes the data from nine discrete sensing axes through its sensor fusion algorithm and produces a quaternion orientation solution that is then provided over either UART TTL or RS-485 data bus.
Designed with the intention of being integrated directly inside of the object to be tracked, OS3Dm is just 16 × 10 × 3.5mm. Additionally, its support of RS-485 allows for the possibility of utilizing multiple trackers simultaneously over a single data bus.
Inertial Labs will provide the engineering support to help you optimize the sensor performance for your application.
|Heading accuracy, RMS
|Pitch and Roll accuracy, RMS
|Gyroscopes measurement range
||up to ±2,000 deg/sec
|Accelerometers measurement range
||±2 g, ±4 g, ±8 g and ±16 g
|Gyroscopes in-run Bias stability
|Accelerometers Bias stability
||16 × 10 × 3.5mm
Key Features and Functionality
- Real-time Heading, Pitch and Roll orientation information
- Sub-miniature size, lightweight and low power consumption (16×10×3.5mm; 2 gram; 0.07W)
- Static Accuracy better than 0.5 deg in Pitch/Roll and 1 deg in Heading
- State-of-the-art algorithms for different dynamic motions of Motion Capture, Training, Head Traking and Helmets Orientation Systems, micro UAV and small Electro Optical System
- Ideal solution for Virtual Reality Systems
- Gyro-Stabilized Slaved Magnetic Heading
- Embedded calibration on hard and soft iron
- Up to 500Hz data update rate
- Environmentally sealed (IP67)
- OEM version available
InertialLabs OS3DM Brochure