There are a variety of eye tracking options available to researchers depending on their specific applications. The D7 optical/camera array is ASL’s newest and most robust desktop/remote eye tracking configuration in the ASL EYE-TRAC® 7 series family.
It is specifically designed to quickly and accurately track the gaze position on all participants (infant to senior citizens) viewing one flat surface, such as a computer or video monitor. The participant can sit freely in front of the flat viewing surface and move approximately one square foot in a comfortable, natural feeling environment.
Important Features To Consider when Selecting The D7 Optics Solution Include:
- ASL’s desktop/remote optics allow participants to sit down at the stimulus and begin tracking.
- D7 optics are configured with a state of the art optics module and camera that tracks at 60 Hz.
- ASL’s optical/camera assembly is housed in a streamlined unobtrusive case with no visible moving parts.
- Desktop/remote optics are housed together with a video head tracking camera using face recogniton software to compensate for head movement.
- This ability to compensate for head motion also assures that when participants look away from the stimulus and then return to it, the system will automatically reacquire the eye.
- The eye image and scene image are constantly displayed on a computer monitor for your feedback and video collection.
The ASL system can collect the scene image from another video source with a scan converter or with a remote scene camera for real world environments (puppet show, etc). Recruiting and testing participants is a timely and costly activity. The constant visual feedback on the monitor not only allows you the ability to observe the scene and the eye tracking data, but also indicates how participants are reacting to the presentation in real-time. If changes are needed in the presentation or with the instructions to the participant, this can be quickly identified so that proper modifications can be made before you complete the data collection.
When you combine the ASL desktop/remote optical/camera array with our ASL EYE-TRAC 7 interface desktop or laptop computer and ASL Results Plus data analysis software, you have the most versatile and robust desktop/remote optics solution available.