The VIRTUOSE API is a low-level driver, giving access to the functionalities embedded in the haptic device (Virtuose, Inca or Able). Its principal role is to implement the UDP communication protocol used for the dialog with the haptic device control software.
It is composed of a static and a dynamic library, and a C header for easy binding with any programming language. It is available for Microsoft Windows and Linux platforms.
In terms of delivery, the VIRTUOSE API includes the following components:
- One header file, written in C and C++, defining all API functions
- One binary file linked as static library, necessary for compiling a software application
- One binary file linked as dynamic library, necessary for running a software application
The VIRTUOSE API is available for the following platforms:
- Microsoft WindowsTM XP/2K/Vista/7 for 32 and 64 bits processors (multithread version only)
- Linux 2.4 and 2.6 for 32 and 64 bits processors
Each haptic device VIRTUOSE is delivered with a free and unlimited license of the VIRTUOSE API. It does not include the transmission of source code.