The Fingertracking device is an add-on to the ART tracking system, which allows you to track the orientation of the hand and the position of the fingers. It is wireless, works for one as well as for both hands and is available as a three or five finger version.
The Fingertracking device consists of:
- active hand target for affixing to the back of the hand. Synchronization is provided with a modulated flash and the low voltage power is provided with a rechargeable battery.
- three or five active finger markers, each consisting of an IR LED with diffusing sphere, a fixture for the finger tip and flexible wires. These active markers are time-sequentially addressed and controlled by the active hand target unit.
The output data consists of:
- position and orientation of the back of the hand
- number of tracked fingers as well as a distinguishing value for right and left hands,
- position and orientation of the outermost phalanx, given in the hand coordinate system - Together with a radius, the position and orientation of the finger tip can be estimated.
- angles between the single phalanxes as well as their lengths - These values are estimated using tracked markers and empirical data.
|Function||Synchronization: via modulated flash from camera
Power supply: NB-4L, Li-Ion battery (3.7 V, 700 mAh)
Weight (incl. battery): 60 g
|Performance||Frame rate (hand target): 60 Hz
Frame rate (thimbles, 3-finger version): 20 Hz
Frame rate (thimbles, 5-finger version):12 Hz
|Battery Charger||Input: 12 V, 500 mA
Power supply: 230 V, 50 Hz, 12 W
Weight (incl. power supply): 381 g