The Flock is Ascension's most popular tracker. Researchers, developers and end-users alike use it in all real-time visualization and interactive applications.
Ascension Technologies Corporation discontinued the production of the Flock of Birds. Replacement products are the 3D Guidance trakSTAR / driveBAY.
Key features include:
- Pulsed DC magnetic technology for six degrees-of-freedom tracking with a universal interface.
- Immunity from distortion from non-magnetic conductive metals. You can use this tracker around stainless steel (300 series), titanium, and aluminum without measurement errors.
- Freedom from blocking and occlusion errors. No need to keep a clear line-of sight between sensors and transmitter.
- Simultaneous tracking of all sensors without degradation in measurement rates. Track head and hands at the same time without delay or lag.
- Long-range coverage is easily added by "clicking in" our Extended-Range Transmitter (ERT/ERC).
- Multiple options to address most tracking requirements.
- Electronics units
- DC magnetic field transmitter
- 25 mm sensors
- Power supply